We represent municipalities and school districts in all areas of public labor law, including collective bargaining, labor grievances, arbitration hearings, unfair labor practices, mediation, fact-finding, and union elections and certifications.
We regularly appear before the Public Employee Labor Relations Board (PELRB), the Department of Labor, the Commission for Human Rights, the EEOC, and in state and federal courts.
Our attorneys are experienced in providing human resources management including:
- Discipline and discharge
- Human Resource counseling related to employee hiring, compensation, evaluations, and documentation
- Compliance with federal and state wage & hour, leave of absence, and anti-discrimination laws such as the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, USERRA, the New Hampshire Law Against Discrimination, and the New Hampshire Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Investigation of complaints of unlawful harassment, discrimination and other workplace misconduct
- Personnel policies and handbooks
- Trainings and workshops in all aspects of state and federal employment law