New Hampshire Lawyers for Municipalities & Schools
Professional Representation During Complex Legal Disputes
Upton & Hatfield, LLP is well-versed in complicated legal issues that municipalities, schools, and other public agencies encounter on a regular basis. Our attorneys take every case to heart, and we work carefully to reach a positive, amicable outcome. We understand that the best resolutions often occur outside of the courtroom, but we are more than prepared for litigation if necessary.
Call our New Hampshire municipality and school district attorneys for cases involving:
- Labor and employment law: You can rely on us for representation during collective bargaining, labor grievances, appearances before the Public Employee Labor Relations Board, day-to-day personnel questions, and much more.
- Municipal real estate law: Our municipal practice group has personally represented and provided counsel to more than 50 municipalities and school districts regarding real estate transactions and legal disputes that can arise before, during, and after a transaction. We can assist with straightforward closings to more complex transactions, such as charitable trust cases.
- School board and district law: Many of our attorneys have a specific focus on New Hampshire school board and district law, as well as direct involvement in groups like the New Hampshire School Administrators Association and the Council of School Attorneys.
- Zoning and land use law: The appropriate and legal use of land to build or expand property is a delicate legal process. Our attorneys are experienced with zoning enforcement, land use planning, risk mitigation, and planning and zooming board appeals.
- General counsel requirements: Your municipality or school district should be ready to respond to any legal challenge. Upton & Hatfield’s municipal practice group works as general counsel for municipalities and school districts, so you can always reach out to us for legal inquiries and get a reliable answer without any unnecessary delays. We understand that often your questions need to be answered within a small window of time and that is why we are accessible to answer those questions promptly.
We represent clients in all corners of New Hampshire. Contact us today.
A Reputation for Excellence
We are known for our unwavering commitment to achieving the objectives of our clients.
A Legacy of Successful Results
Our 100-year legacy is built on achieving successful results for our clients.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of worthy non-profit organizations as a way to give back to our community.
Diverse Breadth of Experience
We provide our clients with full-service legal representation across a variety of practice areas.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with personalized legal representation that meets their unique needs.
Experience on Your Side
Founded in 1908, we put more than 100 years of practice and experience to work for our clients.