Upton & Hatfield’s municipal practice group has decades of experience assisting over 50 municipalities and school districts in the areas of real estate purchases, sales, easements, taxation, leases, and related transactions. Our attorneys professionally guide our municipal and school district clients through all stages of real estate transactions, including public hearings, finance, title research, negotiation, leasing, and regulatory compliance.
Our attorneys also have significant experience and the resources to assist with more complex or specialized real estate transactions, including handling large commercial transactions, assisting with financing, and developing alternative financing packages.
Examples of other issues handled for our clients include:
- Clearing title defects.
- Resolving boundary or zoning issues.
- Acquisition and negotiation of conservation easements
- Acquisition of lands, rights-of-way, and easements for municipal facilities.
- Acquisition of lands, rights-of-way, and easements for water supply and sewer systems.
- Collection of property tax liens including properties subject to bankruptcy proceedings.
- Layout and condemnation of lands for municipal highways and public facilities.
A Reputation for Excellence
We are known for our unwavering commitment to achieving the objectives of our clients.
A Legacy of Successful Results
Our 100-year legacy is built on achieving successful results for our clients.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of worthy non-profit organizations as a way to give back to our community.
Diverse Breadth of Experience
We provide our clients with full-service legal representation across a variety of practice areas.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with personalized legal representation that meets their unique needs.
Experience on Your Side
Founded in 1908, we put more than 100 years of practice and experience to work for our clients.