Charles W. Grau
Chuck’s practice includes the litigation and resolution of business disputes, insurance law and litigation, and public sector labor negotiations. His business litigation emphasizes disputes among shareholders and partners, breaches of fiduciary duty, computer fraud and abuse, unfair and deceptive trade practices, employment matters, and non-compete agreements. His insurance law practice focuses on property liability, and includes the litigation of coverage disputes, subrogation, product liability, and construction claims. He represents both school districts and municipalities in collective bargaining, related labor, and employment matters. Chuck brings his thirty-five years of professional experience, his service as Assistant Attorney General and Chief of the Consumer Protection and Antitrust Division, and his years as a member and Chair of the Bedford School Board to bear on behalf of his clients in federal and state courts, the Public Employee Labor Relations Board and other state agencies, collective bargaining, and private dispute resolution.
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Education Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Fiduciary Duties
- University of Wisconsin, BA
- University of Wisconsin, JD
- Harvard Law School, LLM
- The removal and replacement of a general partner Gleich v. Fire House Block Limited Partnership found to have breached fiduciary duties after trial.
- The recovery of $425,000 against an employer for the estate of an employee killed on the job by invoking an exception to the workers’ compensation bar.
- The successful utilization of the arson defense against insureds seeking $1 million in damages for the denial of their fire loss claim in federal court.
- Kessler v. Gleich, 156 N.H. (2007).
- Invest Almaz v. Temple Inland, 243 F.3d 57 (1st Cir. 2001).
- Serabian v. Amoskeag Bank Shares, 24 F.3d 357 (1st. Cir. 1994).
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital v. Young & Novis Professional Ass’n., No. 10-cv-120-SM (D. N.H. June 29, 2012).
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Admitted to New Hampshire Bar
- Admitted to First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to United States Supreme Court
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, NHBA Public Protection Committee
- Member, NHBA Business Litigation Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, ABA Tort and Insurance Law Section
- Member, New Hampshire Board of Bar Examiners (1991-1999)
- Trustee, New Hampshire Chess Association
- Past Member and Chair, Bedford School Board
- Past Trustee and Chair, Visiting Nurse Association of Greater Manchester
- Past Trustee and Chair, Visiting Nurse Foundation
- Past Trustee and Executive Committee Member, Fidelity Health Alliance
- Past Trustee, Greater Manchester Child Care Association
Charles W. Grau
Fax (603) 224-0320
University of Wisconsin, BA
University of Wisconsin, JD
Harvard Law School, LLM
Upton & Hatfield LLP
10 Centre Street
PO Box 1090
Concord, NH 03302-1090