Upton & Hatfield’s municipal practice group has decades of experience assisting over fifty municipalities and school districts in the areas of real estate purchases, sales, easements, taxation, leases and related transactions. Our attorneys professionally guide our municipal and school district clients through all stages of real estate transactions, including public hearings, finance, title research, negotiation, leasing and regulatory compliance.
Our municipal practice group also regularly uses the resources of our real estate practice group should our municipal or school district clients require assistance with any specialized issues. Jim Raymond and Peter W. Leberman have significant experience handling large commercial transactions, including assisting with financing and developing alternative financing packages.
Examples of other issues handled for our clients include:
- Clearing title defects.
- Resolving boundary or zoning issues.
- Acquisition and negotiation of conservation easements
- Acquisition of lands, rights-of-way, and easements for municipal facilities.
- Acquisition of lands, rights-of-way, and easements for water supply and sewer systems.
- Collection of property tax liens including properties subject to bankruptcy proceedings.
- Layout and condemnation of lands for municipal highways and public facilities.